Friday, April 2, 2010

BP2 2010 042GettingStartedwithBlogger

by Louise Cooper

When I first heard about blogging, I thought I would never do that because it was just a new way of picking someone up. Just another type of dating or meeting service.

Until I started this class, I had never even read a blog, and now that I have, It has been several years since blogging started, and I had no idea that there were so many people blogging. Intelligent people, that really has something interesting to talk about.

I was reading a CNN blog “Why would you possibly want to blog” and Adrienne Waldo was discussing how she thought the same thing before she started her own marketing blog, and it took off like a rocket. It helped her with her freelance marketing career. It also discusses how it could help someone just out of school and/or looking for a job. It would be an excellent supplement to a resume. She says; “It serves as a short enhanced writing sample because it allows employers a unique look at your personality in addition to seeing that you can, in fact, write. It also shows that you're tech-savvy and motivated - both extremely important qualities to have in today's job market." (2009, Waldo).

One thing I found I like about blogging is that it’s not formal. It has a friendly, casual style, and you don’t have to be long winded. You can be short and to the point, but it should be useful. The main thing is to provide value to the reader and this will bring him back to your site.

Another thing I learned about blogging is you must decide the purpose of starting a blog, and it won't be an asset to you if it lacks direction and attention.

Now, that I am getting familiar with blogging, I am looking at blogging from another perspective. It’s can be a marketing tool for visibility and staying current in today’s market. “It allows the reader to get to know the blogger and when it's done correctly, the reader will come to know, like and trust the writer of the blog and that's the best basis for interaction and ultimately doing good business” says Addme.com (Newsletter Achieves, 2010).

No comments:

Post a Comment